7/13/08

Maintain Your Food In Food Storage

Food storage is an important area of your kitchen where you store all your food. Depending on when the food is to be eaten, and if the food is perishable, the food may be placed in food containers in your pantry or the refrigerator.

I always like to place my fresh fruit and drinks in the refrigerator. The more perishable foods like meat and seafood are placed in the freezer. If I am about to cook some meat or seafood, I always take them out of the freezer the night before, so they are ready for cooking the next day.

When you buy food, you should stop and think about when you will need it. Are you arranging a big birthday party with lots of guests and the party is only two days away? Then you should go to the shops immediately and buy what you need, so that if you forget to purchase an important food ingredient, you still have time to run to the food store and purchase the food product.

There are some food products, that taste awful, if they are not consumed immediately. These are the types that should be eaten on the day of purchase or the next day the latest. I have found if I purchase fresh hot bread, it tastes delicious on the day, but it tastes awful the next day.

If I have the time to make my own bread with my bread machine, then I make it and is eaten on the same day. So if I have a big social gathering at home, I always make the bread rolls and the loaves on the day. They are fresh and hot and are much appreciated.

There are always a number of places in the kitchen where you can place canned foods, meats, fish, vegetables in the food storage section of your pantry and the refrigerator.

To read more Maintain Your Food In Food Storage

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: