8/20/09

Shopping For Healthy Food Products

Healthy food is now available in many food stores, but the supply is rather limited as the prices for healthy food are a little higher and people do not wish to pay more for food.

If you look at beyond the prices and realise healthy food is actually rather cheap, when you think about the health consequences of eating food grown with chemicals like pesticides and herbicides.

Most healthy food is certified organic. Check on the label to confirm the healthy food is certified organic. If you are allergic to chemicals in food, then you need to eat organic food. If you are allergic to certain ingredients in food, like nuts and wheat then you should purchase healthy food free from these ingredients.

You should read the nutritional information on every food product before you buy, to confirm there are no ingredients in the food that will affect your health. If you are not sure, then do not buy the food product.

Though I noticed recently a new shop has opened at the mall and it is a health food store. The first time I was in there, I was there for hours, going through all the healthy food on the shelves, reading the nutritional information on the labels, talking to the staff and seeking advice to make the right choices.

This health food store, also sells organic food, even organic fruit and vegetables. The organic food is a little dearer than food in food stores, but they are rather delicious, as all the natural flavours seem to be there. The last time I ate a tomato, it tasted like rubber. I bought a few organic tomatoes and my salads and meals are now full of flavours that I did not know existed.

My daughter thinks I have developed a new zest for cooking delicious meals. But she does not know that I am making the same meals with the same recipes I have always been cooking, but using organic ingredients and healthy food products.

I now go to the health food store every few days to stock up on healthy food.

To read more Shopping For Healthy Food Products

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: