11/6/07

Potato Salad For A Picnic In The Park

Potato salad is quite popular for picnics, lunches and other family occasions. There are a number of potato salad recipes, but the most popular is the one with white potatoes, mayonnaise and onions. Some of those on low carb diets, replace the white potatoes with cauliflower.

Then it becomes a cauliflower salad which is just as delicious. I like to alternate between the two as I am not on a low carb diet but I love the taste of cauliflower. I usually do not add mayonnaise and replace it with olive oil, as I find the taste is a lot better.

I like taking potato salad to work and eat it during my lunch break. It is a simple food. With the recipe I use, I include olive oil instead of mayonnaise with pieces of vegetables, including lettuce, tomatoes and herbs. I do not add onions, as I do not want to smell of onions while I am at work. But if I am to eat a potato salad at home or at a picnic, I always add some spring onions.

You can buy ready made potato salad from the gourmet food store or you can make it yourself. There are times, when you are late from work and you want something tasty that will fill you up, then you can go to the gourmet food store and order a potato salad.

To read more Potato Salad For A Picnic In The Park

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: