11/4/07

Fruit Cake Is Best With Fresh Ingredients

Fruit cake can be a delicious cake depending on the ingredients. If the cake includes fresh fruit with a little flavour by adding brandy, coffee or cream, then you have a delicious fruit cake.

The secret to your success is fresh fruit. I pick my own fruit from my miniature fruit trees. I know if I pick my own fruit, they are fresh. If I buy fruit from the food store, I do not know how many days, weeks or months they have been in refrigerated storage, or in transit to the store. Losing a lot of their natural flavours in the meantime.

I did not realise how good fruit tasted until I planted my own miniature fruit trees in the backyard and started eating fresh fruit off the branch. I suddenly realised there was a natural taste and a delicious flavour when the fruit are fresh, off the branch.

This is why I now use fresh fruit in my fruit cakes.

To read more Fruit Cake Is Best With Fresh Ingredients

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: