2/15/10

Better Meals With Basil

Basil is one of those herbs found in many recipes, especially European and Asian recipes. Eating pasta without basil, is like eating pasta without the pasta.

You need to improve the taste and can make the pasta meal much more delicious by adding basil. You can buy sauces, like Pesto sauce to add to your pasta, but I like to make my own sauce, with fresh basil from my garden.

As any cooking master will tell you, the secret to a successful meal is the herbs and spices you add to the meal, to enhance the flavour. Imagine eating roast chicken, without herbs and spices. The meat would taste rather dull. This is why you need to enhance the meat with herbs and spices.

I like to grow my own herbs so that I can use fresh ingredients, whenever I need to create a more delicious meal. I believe a meal should be enjoyed, rather than endured. One should always look forward to meal times, especially when cooking with basil.

While cooking a regular meal, you may think you want to stray from your regular recipe and add something different, to make the meal much more delicious.

Your secret ingredient is basil. You can grow basil in a window box garden on your window sill, and grab a few leaves when you need to improve the taste of your meal, while cooking.

These days, I like to add fresh herbs to almost all my recipes, for added natural flavour. Makes the meal so much more delicious.

One of my friends, comes over with his wife once or twice a month and I know they come at a time when they can enjoy my cooking, cause they always ask what I will be cooking. I know they like pasta, that I make myself, with my own sauce that no one knows all the ingredients.

I do admit, one of the ingredients is basil.

To read more Better Meals With Basil

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: