10/13/09

Fresh Strawberries For A Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry shortcake is a delicious dessert, given after a main meal. There are not many excuses to give out something so delicious, as something that includes fresh strawberries, especially when strawberries are in season. I slice my strawberries, from my own organic garden, freshly picked on the day of cooking.

When my strawberry patch is full of strawberries, there are not many excuses I need to find, to make a number of delicious desserts with strawberries. If strawberries are out, then I use strawberry syrup, which is always available at my favourite gourmet food store.

When the time comes for a family celebration like a birthday or a graduation, we always like to offer a dessert of strawberry shortcake, after the main meal. We also make a second smaller cake and offer the low calorie version to satisfy those on a low calorie diet. Quiet often, both cakes are eaten rather quickly and none is left over for the next day, especially when we have invited guests.

As long as you use the main ingredients of light cake, strawberries and whipped cream, there should be no limits on additional ingredients to make strawberry shortcake.

To read more Fresh Strawberries For A Strawberry Shortcake

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: